List of Motorola Smartphones to get Android M ( Marshmallow 6.0 )
- 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (3rd gen)
- 2015 Moto X Style (3rd gen)
- 2015 Moto X Play
- 2015 Moto G (3rd gen)
- 2014 Moto X Pure Edition in the US (2nd gen)
- 2014 Moto X in Latin America, Europe and Asia2 (2nd gen)
- 2014 Moto G and Moto G with 4G LTE2 (2nd gen)
- DROID Turbo
- 2014 Moto MAXX
- 2014 Moto Turbo
- Nexus 6
Unfortunately, Motorola has skipped Moto E series from the update.
To check for available updates wirelessly / over-the-air:
- Touch Settings
- Touch About phone
- Touch System updates
If an update is available, follow the instructions on your phone to download and install it. Once updated, your phone will restart to complete the installation.
To find the software version on your phone:
- From your phone’s home screen, touch the , then touch Settings
- Scroll down and touch About phone
- Find your phone’s software version
- Asia Pacific – Not Available
- Australia / New Zealand – Not Available
- Brazil – Not Available
- Canada – will be upgraded to the Android 6.x (Marshmallow) release of Android, pending partner support
- China – Not Available
- France – la Android 6.x Marshmallow, en attendant l’appui des partenaires
- Germany – Not Available
- Greece – Not Available
- Hongkong – Not Available
- India – Available – Check Device Settings
- Italy – N.A.
- Japan – Not Available
- Korea – Not Available
- Latin America, Mexico – Not Available
- Europe, Africa and Middle East – Not Available
- Spain – Not Available
- Taiwan – Not Available
- UK – Not Available
- USA – will be upgraded to the Android 6.x (Marshmallow) release of Android, pending partner support
What this update with bring the key updates :
- Doze Mode — This new feature monitors your phone and puts it into a deep sleep when it’s not being used, which can extend battery life substantially.
- Now on Tap — We love Google Now, and it’s improved in Android M. Simply long press the home button to bring up the Google Now feature and display information based on whatever you’re doing at the time.
- Android Pay — Android M allows you to bring up Android Pay with a simple tap and easily make purchases without having to open a separate app.
- Direct Share — Share your photos, news, links, etc. with your favorite contacts easily and quickly.
- Simpler volume controls — A more intuitive way to control ringtone and media volume.
Source : Motorola Support