Before you Begin, you need to check few important points –
To update the software on your Apple Watch, you need to:
- Update to iOS 9 or later on your iPhone.
- Make sure your Apple Watch has at least a 50 percent charge.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Keep your iPhone next to your Apple Watch to make sure they’re in range.
Before you update, remove the beta profile from your device. To view and remove profiles:
- On your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone and go to General > Profiles. Tap the beta profile you want to remove, then tap Delete Profile. Enter your iPhone passcode if requested.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. Tap the beta profile you want to remove, then tap Delete profile. Enter your iPhone passcode if requested.
To continue using the public beta of iOS, you can install the beta profile again.
How to Update Apple Watch Software
- Connect your Apple Watch to power, and keep it on the charger until the update is complete.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap General > Software Update.
- If asked for your iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode, enter the passcode.
- Wait for the progress bar to appear and complete.
- Don’t restart Apple Watch during the update, which might take some time. When the update finishes, your Apple Watch will restart on its own.
In case if Software Update Fails or your watch freezes , Try these steps:
- Restart your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider, then drag the slider. To turn your watch on again, press and hold the side button.
- Restart your paired iPhone. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears, then drag the slider. To turn your iPhone on again, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Try to start the install again.
If the install won’t start, open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap General > Usage > Software Update, then delete the update file. After you delete the file, try to download and install watchOS 2 again.