Which is better android or windows smartphone
With Windows Phone 8.1 Microsoft OS finally became as full featured as its rivals, along with its stylish, unique design means a very tempting option to IOS or Android. But with Android 4.4.4 KitKat Google has improved on its OS in numerous ways too and while since gone even further with Android 5.0, though Lollipop is still available only for Moto.
Though lot of users may think Android & IOS is far better, but some times its not so.
Key Criteria for Differentiation :
1. Design & Looks : No two doubts, Windows phones are undoubtedly more stylish than other phones. Windows Phone 8.1 is arguably the most stylish mobile operating system around and it certainly stands out, with its vertically scrolling interface full of Live Tiles, each of which is essentially a miniature widget.
2. Apps : Windows lack number of Apps when compared to Android or IOS, but some times, quality matters most than quantity. One point which is bothering is ” Windows is not open platform ” and Microsoft has a stricter criteria set than Google about which apps and games can populate their respective marketplaces.
As a result, the app store responds with superior and better apps, and cleaner options, than what Android apps can offer. They are consistent, gorgeous, minimalistic and in many cases, look better than they do on Android.Try at 6tag (3rd party app for Instagram), Spotify, Skype, and Facebook.
3. Email and Social Media Integration :
Windows Phone with its mission to build an end-to-end product experience for its customers, has a soild built-in social media integrated hub which is very smooth and flawless.
The Hub gets updates from social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Rather than opening individual apps one by one.
Tagging pics on FB is much easier in Windows as compared to Android.
In fact, when you call or text, its much smoother on Windows as it integrates FB, Outlook and other accounts which not only gives you access to pictures but also status of contacts.
4. Microsoft Integration & Support : Windows Phone works well with Microsoft products like Outlook.com. OneDrive Skype, Xbox, and OneNote. Unlike Android, Windows Phone comes with free Office in the OS itself. The mobile version is handy for on-the-go professionals. Its very easy to view and edit Office documents on phone itself and files can be saved directly on Cloud.
5. Cortana vs Google Now : Cortana has been added recently to Windows Mobile. Cortana seems a little more adept at gathering information on you though and importantly also easier to keep track of what Cortana knows and delete information that you
6. Performance across Devices : This is a slightly debatable topic , but not like Android, Windows mobiles run smoothly whether low end or high end.
7. Windows Lock Screen : Here comes the beauty, Not only notifications but integration of Live apps on Lock screen like Bing or FB. Yes, you can display Artist also while playing Music. Cooooooooooooooooool.
8. Gamers and Music Paradise :
If you got XBox, Windows Phone is the perfect device for you to integrate. Microsoft has integrated Xbox functionality, you can work with your console avatar to gain points, check your Gamerscore, message your friends and see your avatar and yes, Music.
Despite Android having more games, Windows Phones get Xbox games such as Asphalt 8 ; Airborne, Jetpack Joyride, Six Guns and FIFA 14 for free. All of the games run smoothly; even on the low end Nokia Lumia Phones, playing games is REAL FUN.
9. Offline Map Integration : Google gives you the option to download part offline maps but Windows gives the option to download full Maps like Country / Area.
Android is better suited to those who are tech savvy or want to make the phone their own and those who want a large app and games selection. But if you want something that just works and looks good doing it then Windows Phone 8.1 is arguably the better choice.
Before Windows Phone 8.1 it would be hard to argue that Android was the better OS, but with the addition of Cortana, Action Centre and other more minor improvements Windows Phone has caught up.