When your device is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Program, you will automatically receive new versions of the public beta from the Mac App Store or iOS Software Update. At any time, you may unenroll your device so that it no longer receives these updates. You may also choose to leave the program entirely.
This works the same on any iOS device with any iOS beta release:
- Open the “Settings” app on the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running the iOS beta (or with the beta profile installed)
- Go to “General” and then to “Profile”
- Under the ‘Configuration Profile’ list, choose “iOS Beta Software Profile – Apple Inc.”
- Tap on the “Delete Profile” button, then enter the device passcode and confirm that you want to delete the beta profile from the device
- Repeat with other beta profiles as desired (perhaps individual app betas)
- Exit out of Settings as usual, the device will no longer receive future iOS Beta software updates
Please Note : This does not remove the beta iOS system software from the device, it just opts the specific iPhone or iPad hardware out of the beta release program.
- Connect your device to iTunes using a USB cable and open iTunes.
- While your device is connected, you can force restart it to put it in Recovery Mode. Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, and don’t release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery Mode screen.
- When iTunes presents you with options to restore or update your iOS device, choose the “Restore” option. You’ll need to confirm that you want to set it back to it’s factory settings by choosing “Restore and Update” and then iTunes will erase your device.
- Once completed, sign in with your Apple ID from iTunes to activate your device.
- When iTunes prompts you to restore all of your information from a previous backup, choose the iOS backup that you created in iTunes before you installed the iOS public beta. Then select “Continue” and iTunes restore your device.
- After your device has restored, it will shut down. Restart the iOS device and follow the onscreen instructions from Setup Assistant.
To leave the Apple Beta Software Program, you must first sign in, then click the Leave Program link. If you leave, you will stop receiving emails about the Apple Beta Software Program and will no longer be able to submit feedback with Feedback Assistant.