Corning Gorilla Glass to boost sales in Q1 2015
Corning Gorilla Glass to boost sales in 2015. All major mobile manufacturers are using Corning Gorilla Glass, this gave 12 % sales increase to company raising the revenues to 329 mn $. Till now, Corning gorilla is available in more than 3 bn handsets.
Corning has been upgrading gorilla continuously, now launching Gorilla glass 4. Gorilla 4 is expected to be double the strength of previos models giving a sturdy look to mobile phone. Globally , last year smartphone shipment went to 1.2 Billion, almost 600 mn phones using Corning glass including Samsung, Apple and LG.
As, most of the users are not aware, Corning is also supplying LCD.
Corning Display Technologies manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (LCDs), also known as thin-film transistor liquid crystal displays (TFT-LCDs).
For users, Corning got great range of products :
> Corning Gorilla
– Corning Glass 4 > 2X stronger than competition
– Corning Glass 3 with NDR > 3 X more resistant than Glass 2
– Corning Glass NBT – Shock and scratch resistant specially for Touch Notebooks
– Corning Antimicrobial Glass > Anti bacterial for touch screens
– Corning Large cover Gorilla Glass > Interactive Displays and Signage
> Corning Eagle
> Corning Lotus
> Corning Willow