For all the Smartphone / Laptop Users, Torrent is one of the most popular way for sharing / downloading files online, and with the right apps on your Phone, you can use Torrent on your Smartphone like you do on Computer.
What you may need, is to install some apps to open the files that you will be downloading through Torrents. When using Torrent on Android, it’s strongly recommended that you connect to a Wi-Fi network instead of Data to avoid un-necessary expenses on your Telecom Bills.
Before you Download any file through Torrent, you may need some Apps to run those files :
- For Media , you may need a VLC Player / MX Player.
- For RAR / Zip files, you need an app to extract the Data.
- For Office files, you may need some Document Reader file. Though now-a-days every smartphone has it. But still if you wish, Download Kingoffice.
- You may also need a File Explorer, Like ES File Explorer.
The basic requirement is to Download µ Torrent Apk, which you can do from here. The basic features of Torrent App are
✔ Beautifully light, clean design
✔ Wifi-only mode to save on mobile data
✔ No download speed limits and no download size limits
✔ Select files to download within a torrent to minimize your storage footprint
✔ Better music listening and video viewing experience with integrated music and video players
✔ Choose your file download location
✔ Download torrents and download magnet links
✔ Choose between deleting torrents only, or torrents & files
✔ Translations in Pусский, Español, Italiano, Português do Brasil
✔ Download licensed, free music and videos from BitTorrent’s Bundle content partners
Though there are other Apps also like
- Flud Torrent
- Vuze Torrent
Now-a-days you just need to take the Tour of the App. Rest of the settings may not be required , like Wi-fi only, If you wish, you can set up download limit by going to Bandwidth Section. This can be really useful if you intend to torrent while on a 4G network. If you’re only torrenting over Wi-Fi, you may not need to worry about limiting the speed.
- In uTorrent, you can set it to only download when connected to a Wi-Fi network in this section. In Flud, you can find the Wi-Fi settings in the “Power management” menu.
- Another point is, you can set your download Location.
- Most important is to find the Torrent File. For that you can use Google Search combined with Torrent Word.
How to Download
- Select your torrent app from the list that appears.
- Here, you need to be cautions while selecting a Torrent, Please do read comments / remarks just to ensure that there is no viruses attached to the File.
- Try to download torrents with lots of Seeders. This will help ensure that you get a good connection and can download the file quicker.
- If the torrent file downloads but you aren’t prompted to open it in your torrent app, you may need to open it manually.
- Open your App Drawer and select “Downloads” or open a file manager app and navigate to your Download folder. Tap the torrent file and then select your torrent app from the list.
- Before you start Downloading, you will have the Option to Rename the File.
- Download time may vary depending on File size and Network speed.
- You can Open the file with ES File Explorer. That what I use.