You will find yourself lucky if you have set up find my iPhone before it’s lost, and more lucky if some one returns it after seeing the flashing message on iPhone
Why iCloud is so important to use :
- Possibility of finding your lost device.
- You can also send notification Rings to iPhone.
- You can send a customized on iPhone Screen to call you back.
- Locking your device is possible.
- Erasing all the content is possible.
- Recover Data from iPhone remotely
But all the above options are possible if your iPhone gets online again.
You can do same with other family members iPhone is family sharing set up is done.
Important: Before you erase your device, try to locate it or play a sound on it. After you erase it, you can’t use Find My iPhone to do either. You may still be able to locate your Mac if it’s near a previously used Wi-Fi network.
Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.
- If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.
- Click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase.
- In the device’s Info window, click Erase [device].
- To erase:
> An iOS device: Enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. If the device you’re erasing has iOS 7 or later, enter a phone number and message. The number and message are displayed on the screen after the device is erased.
> A Mac: Enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. Enter a passcode to lock the Mac (you need to use the passcode to unlock it), then enter a message. The message is displayed on the screen after the Mac is erased.