This is one of the most common errors ” Mobile Network not available “, very irritating and annoying when you have to make important calls
There could be many reasons for this error and we are listing few :
- SIM card damaged : when the SIM is too old, quite possible the plate on the SIM is damaged
- SIM Slot is damaged
- Carrier lock
- Phone Setting issue
- Overheating issue – This is a common issue in LG smartphones
- Network Mode – Manual – In manual mode, we need to select network
- outdated firmware
How to fix the issues
- While inserting the SIM card, please check properly if you are pushing it in right direction. On the SIM slot or beside it, you will find an icon, that shows which way SIM should be inserted. If you it wrongly, you will get mobile network not available error.
- First of all, if you have got the smartphone on contract basis from a carrier, make sure your smartphone is not locked by carrier. If it is, you can use the SIM card of that specific career only. While using another SIM, you will get mobile network not available error. If you want to use another (career) SIM, you need to get this unlocked.
Some carriers unlock the phone after completion of contract period ( request basis ), This is the most common issue in iPhones.
- Network type : CDMA SIM with CDMA phone, or GSM SIM with a GSM Phone.
- Wrong Network settings. This is very common when you select the operator in manual Mode like, If you have selected 3G Only option for Mobile Network, and 3G is not available, you will get mobile network not available error.
In this situation, you can select auto mode or 2G Only. 2G mode has an advantage that it covers most of the area. In Android Phones you can select it from : Settings –> Mobile Networks –> Network Mode –> Auto
- If you are not at your home network or may in roaming, possibilities are you get this error – Mobile network not available error. It usually select the network itself if the Operator Selection is set to be Automatic. However, it doesn’t do in some cases. So you can turn operator selection into manual mode and select the operator manually. If you don’t know which one to select in roaming, ask you carrier about the network tie up or google it. In Phones you can select operator manually by changing the Settings –> Mobile Networks –> Network Operators –> Search Network
- Best solution which I found is to restart your phone. Most of the times, it sorts the issue
- Software update in smartphones resolve many issues. Usually a software update doesn’t cause mobile network not available error, but it is always better to be on safer side. Samsung phones can be updated going to Settings –> About Device –> Software Update –> Update Now
- Please check if you have not turned off the option ” Airplane Mode “. If not, turn off Airplane mode
- Still facing the issue? Now your last option is to restore device to factory setting. Always remember to take backup of data before you go ahead with this option. Settings –> Backup and Reset –> Factory Data Reset –> Reset Device