Sumit Chowdhury to initiate GAIA Smart City Project in India
Sumit Chowdhury, Ex – President, Reliance Jio Infocomm
Alumni of IIT, Kanpur
MS in ECE from Carnegie Mellon University
Ph.D. Management from Carnegie Mellon University
Company Directors Diploma from Australian Institute of Company Directors
Started his career as Project Engineer with Philips India, going through various assignments as Partner in KPMG, MD-BearingPoint, VP & Partner – IBM, Member Board of Directors – Hello Health Limited, President Reliance Jio Infocomm and Founder of GAIA smart cities. Author of Rules of the game, Logical vs Numerical interference on Statistical Database and few more.
GAIA Smart City Project
Shall we call it Smart City or E-City, A very complex definition , seems so easy to pronounce.
The aim of SC4C-Smart Capacities for Cities- GAIA, is to share a comprehensive range of solutions and services according to the principles of innovation, economic and environmental sustainability, that help to obtain greater efficiency, comfort and interactivity for players involved in Smart Cities or Smart Environments (citizens, government, companies, infrastructure, etc.
In this context, a Smart City is a complex system, an ecosystem in which multiple players are involved, wherein many closely linked processes coexist that enable new models of business services, relationship with the surroundings, and provides an excellent platform for innovation and creativity of people.
Smart Environment + Smart Mobility + Smart Living + Smart People + Smart Economy + Smart Governance
Example of Glasgow
Creation of Technology and Infra base
- Data Collection
- Transmission of Information
- Integrated Communication System
- Challenging Information to Data Intelligence
- Strong Security System
In simple words
The key challenge in India is ” Involvement of Government and Citizen” at every stage and Integrated planning.
- Relevance of Road Maps : There is no specific Road Map as it depends upon strength & Objectives of City
- Integration of Right Stake Holders : Identifying & Engaging Right stake holders & set priorities
- Synergy between Sectors : How can we get a grip on the complexity of synergy between various sectors?
- Role of ICT : Technology is too advance but still linking Data across all domains is a challenge
- Behavioral Change : Human behavior is too complex to understand ( Beyond Technology )