Google Arts and Culture Website and App is developed by Google Cultural Institute. With this Site and App, Google has brought all the main Artists under one Roof. Artists include Bansky, Vincent Van Gough, Claude Monet, Gustav Klimt, Edgar Degas and much more.
The app lets you explore anything from cats in art since 200 BCE to the color red in Abstract Expressionism, and everything in between. With a virtual reality viewer like Google Cardboard, you can use the Google Arts & Culture app on iOS and Android to take a virtual tour of the street art scene in Rome; step inside a creation by famous street artist, Insa; or even travel 2,500 years back in time and look around the ancient Greek temple of Zeus.
Google new tools will help you discover works and artifacts, allowing you to immerse yourself in cultural experiences across art, history and wonders of the world—from more than a thousand museums across 70 countries:
• Search for anything, from shoes to all things gold
• Scroll through art by time—see how Van Gogh’s works went from gloomy to vivid
• Browse by color and learn about Monet’s 50 shades of gray
• Find a new fascinating story to discover every day—today, it’s nine powerful men in heels
Key Features of the App
Explore artworks, artifacts, and more from over 850 museums, archives, and organizations worldwide that have partnered with Google Cultural Institute to bring their collections and stories online.
- Zoom in to view artworks in extraordinary detail.
- Save your favorites, plus organize them into Collections for easy viewing and sharing.
- Take 360 degree panoramic tours of hundreds of museums, heritage sites, and landmarks.
- Learn about iconic artworks, plus discover hidden gems and the stories behind them in our daily features.
- Explore artworks and more by color and by time period.