Ready to make the switch to iOS? Download the Move to iOS app to get help switching from your Android device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Before you begin on your both Devices, you need to check some points :
- On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi is on.
- Plug your new iOS device and your Android device in to power.
- Make sure the content you’re moving, including what’s on your external Micro SD card, will fit on your new iOS device
- If you want to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, update to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device.
After checking everything, You need to follow the steps :
Tap Move Data from Android
While setting up your new iOS device, look for the Apps & Data screen. Then tap Move Data from Android. If you’ve already finished setup, you’ll have to erase your iOS device and start over. If you don’t want to erase, just transfer your content manually.
Open the move to iOS App
On your Android device, open the Move to iOS app and tap Continue. Read the terms and conditions that appear. Tap Agree to continue, then tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
Wait for a Code
On your iOS device, tap Continue on the screen called Move from Android. Then wait for a ten-digit code to appear. If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak Internet connection, you can ignore the alert.
Use the Code
Enter the code on your Android device. Then wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.
Choose your content and wait
On your Android device, select the content you’d like to transfer and tap Next. Then leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes—even if your Android indicates that the process is complete.
The whole transfer can take a while, depending on how much content you’re moving.
Set up your iOs Device
After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on your Android device. Then tap Continue on your iOS device and follow the onscreen steps to finish setting it up.
Make sure that all of your content transferred. If some didn’t, you can move that content manually. Then go to the App Store on your iOS device to find and download apps that were on your Android device.
If you have issues moving your content, there are a couple of things that you can check:
- Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won’t transfer.
- On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection. For example, turn off features like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then try again.
- Restart both devices and try again.