After the latest update of iOS 9.3.1, Some New features have been rolled out by Apple. One of which is , How to lock your Notes. Very interesting feature, as lot of persons have been using a Third Party App to lock Notes.
Not only you can password porotect Notes, also you can lock notes with Touch ID, if your device supports the same. Please note that ” Notes app supports locking with any version of iOS after 9.0, earlier Versions do not have this feature. ”
We will run through all the steps in Detail to make sure, you get to understand all :
- Open the Notes app in your Device.
- Tap on the sharing icon in the upper right corner of the note
- In the Action Menu, which is situated on the bottom of the screen. The action menu is given below Social Media sharing.Scroll to the Lock Note
- You will get two Options to Lock Note : Touch ID Protection and other one is password Protection.
- Once you have added password, or, FingerID Lock, Notes will confirm the Lock addition.
When you need to unlock Notes, simply open the Note. You will see the message, View Note. Enter the password / Touch ID to unlock. Once you’re finished viewing / editing the Note, you can lock it back as usual. Important point : if you want to remove the lock permanently from a note , Go to Action Menu by pressing , and tapping on “Remove Lock”.