How to set up Moto 360 Smartwatch
This Article is basically a guidance for All those who purchase Moto 360.
The very first step is to charge your smartphone for atleast one hour. I prefer to charge the watch / Phone fully. The reason being, Most of the smartwatches come as dead, some charge is left to check and set Moto360.
2. Pair with Smartphone
The very first step is to install Android Wear on your Moto 360. There are two basic steps, when you boot up your watch.
To connect your Moto 360 follow the steps below:
- Take watch out of box and power on by firmly pressing the button on the side.
- On the watch, you will be prompted to select your language.
- Then you will see a screen prompting you to install Android Wear on your smartphone. Make sure that your smartphone is running Android 4.3 or higher (instructions at g.co/WearCheck).
- On your phone, turn on Bluetooth. Then download the Android Wear app from the Google Play store.
- Once Android Wear is downloaded and installed on your phone, open the app.
- You should see “Select device” – make sure that the device number matches the device number shown on the watch. Walk through the rest of the pairing process.
- Before pairing is complete, you will be prompted to complete a software upgrade. However, your watch will not have enough battery charge to sustain the update.
- Take the wall charger and charging dock out of the box and set up your watch on the dock.
- It takes almost an hour for full charge.
- Start the upgrade installation.
- The watch will reboot and automatically complete pairing.
3. Install Moto Connect
Why we recoomend to install Moto Connect, reason being – it will give you access to lot of features like :
- Watch Faces
- Wellness Profile
- Find Moto 360
4. Set Wellness Profile
This app uses your heart beat to determine how much active time you’ve had in a day. In the Moto Connect app you can enter your height, weight, gender, and age to get more Accurate Data.
5. Default Apps
- The Best way to interact with your Moto 360 is via voice.
- Google asks you right up front to choose default apps for certain tasks.
- Open up the Android Wear companion app and you will see a list of commands and the corresponding app it will use.
- The app will automatically know if you have installed an app that can perform one of the commands.
- For example, on my device I can “Take a note” with Google Keep, Wunderlist, or Trello. Go through the list and choose the apps you want to use.
- If there isn’t an app available for a certain command you will see a grayed-out Google Play icon, which brings us to our next thing to do.
6. Choose a Watch face
- The Moto 360 comes with six watch faces
- Long-press on the current watch face
- Swipe left and right between the options
- Tap on the face you want to use
7. Find my Moto 360
This is the most important step, which I never forget. Loosing Moto 360 is a real pain, as it’s very costly. Moto has already provided solution for this in Moto Connect.
you can see the last known location via the Moto Connect app.
- No set-up required for this
- open the app on your phone
- tap on the map
- it will open map app to show the location of your watch
Some of the Apps you may like to use with Moto 360 are