LeTV Le 1, also known as LeTV X600, and a new version is also launched in India by the name of Le 1S. . It features Mediatek Helio X10 Chipset, 3GB RAM, 5.5 inches Full HD display, and the device runs EUI OS based on Android Lollipop.
Xiaomi’s MIUI Global version is much better than the UI used by Le Smartphones. However, it’s slightly tricky and you need some work around to flash it. The process is quite simple that we are going to share with you. You will need need a Windows computer.
Please Proceed at your own risk, any damage to the smartphone is at your own risk. Secondly, Flashing the new ROM may void warranty. These methods are not trusted as they involve third party app.
Taking a Back-up ( This is specially for Chinese Version, For English just take a back up )
- Download adbdriver from here : http://adbdriver.com/downloads/, and install on your computer. If you can’t install, check the instruction that is attached in downloaded file
- Connect you LeTV One X600 model via USB cable to your computer, and allow drivers to get installed
- Now download English Recovery/TWRP File from here, you may need to sign in to download this file
- Once downloaded extract it on desktop using Winrar app
- Now go to Recovery folder, and rename .img file to recovery.img
- Now come out of that folder and rename “Install_Recovery.exe” to “recovery.bat”
- Now right click on “recover.bat” and click run as Administrator
- Follow the instruction, and keep pressing “Enter” whenever it shows up on screen
- Your device will reboot in this process and will take you to recovery mode now
- Now you can take a backup if you want as we will root the device now. Be there in recover screen, and keep the device connected to computer via USB cable.
Be there in recover screen, and keep the device connected to computer via USB cable.
- Now transfer SuperSu.zip file into you LeTV One X600 mobile, just put it in root folder. Download SuperSu here
- In recovery screen, tap on Install and locate that SuperSu Zip file, and tap on that, and allow to install following the screen instruction.
- Rooting the device may remove everything, even OS. So it may stuck at EUI logo when you reboot
- Now Force reboot (holdingVolume Down and Power Key for a while). Once the screen goes off, hold Volume Up and Power key to enter recovery mode again. Keep USB cable connected
- Now your device will appear on computer. Transfer MIUI 7 ROM file to LeTV One X600 root folder. Download MIUI 7 multi-language ROM for LeTV One X600 here (Android 5.0.2)
- In your mobile’s recovery screen, tap on Install, and install MIUI 7 ROM that you just transferred. It will take a while
- Once installed, reboot the device. First boot may take around 10 minutes.
- Once booted, Select English language at first and proceed further
- You may realize sound is quite loader. There is an additional app that you will find on your mobile “MaxxAudio”. Open it, and disable by swiping the button left.
This is how your screen and Device Details loom like :