Android and iOS war seems to be never ending battle as Smartphones business is growing day by day. Smartphones will be surpassing a land mark of 2 Billion by 2016 with approx 1.91 Billion users.
By 2020, We will have approx 6 Billion smartphone users across the Globe.
Why is it so that every one is moving towards Android. May be one basic reason is Cheap Smartphones availability in Android. Android Smartphones start from as low as 2500 Indian Rs. ( ~ 38 US $ ). But, It’s not only price, but the features provided by both Operating Systems.
It’s very hard to decide which OS is better. For me, Major advantage for Android is lot of free applications for which I am supposed to pay on Apple Store.
Here is the distribution summary : Today Android contributes to around 83 % of the Market and iOS almost around 14 %.
|Period||Android||iOS||Windows Phone||BlackBerry OS||Others|
Let’s try to compare Apple to Apple ( sorry I mean iOS to Android M )
- Material Looks
- Better Clock
- New App Drawer
- New Font Style
- Intelligence ( to be upgraded – based on daily needs)
- New API
Google Now vs Apple Siri
- Google Now – It works as Intelligent Personal Assistant – Smart search based on App usage – Like if you are watching video and you ask where was it shot. It replies based on the current video.
- Siri – Intelligent Assistant speak natural language voice commands in order to operate the mobile device and its apps.Suppose you have a meeting, Siri will automatically add the meeting time and agenda to your screen
Mobile Pay / Wallet
- Google Wallet / Android pay works on NFC. It’s fast, easy, and free to send directly from your debit card, bank account, or Wallet Balance. At present, Works only in US
- What i like about Apple pay is the security, Finger Touch scan for payments. Works in US and UK.
Here is the summary of the Survey done by Phone Arena to find out what users think about Android M and iOS 9.
Overall, Android M stands out when it comes to customization and versatility compared to iOS 9. This is because of the advantage that Google provides its users with more flexibility and compatibility than what is being offered by Apple.
Please do share your views about which one is better !!!