This is one of the most common issues. Few reasons for i-phone not switching on :
- Battery not charged. I-phone has a special feature, when connected to power for recharging, once battery reaches a certain acceptance level, i-phone will turn on automatically. But, if battery is not charged for long time, let it charge for couple of hours.
- If you are sure, battery is charged but still phone won’t turn on. Press power and home button together for at least 10 seconds. I have personally used this technique couple of times and worked well for me. Have some patience, if phone won’t turn on in 10 seconds, try again for 20 seconds.
- After doing step 1 and 2, still if iPhone is not starting, we can have few options – either charger is faulty ( try another charger / cable ) , iPhone crashed ( need rebooting ) , phone broke.
- Worst case is , if you see cable and iTunes logo. Please connect phone to computer and restore from previous backup.
- Last option is to take phone to Authorized Service Centre.