In 2014, Every Mobile manufacturer had its own Strategy, from Retail to Distribution to E-Commerce in Indian Market.
What could be possible Strategy in 2015 in terms of Market and Products :
1. Gionee : Gionee key market has been the Distribution Network, Reaching every small customer in Remote areas. In 2015, Gionee may plan to open Retail Outlets in different cities and if viable, take the route of E-Commerce specially for key Models like S5.1 or Elife. Another key move may include ” Strengthen Service Network “.
2. Samsung : Samsung may try to retain leadership by introducing New cutting Edge Technology like Note Edge or Galaxy S6. Samsung need to stress more on Category from Rs. 7000 – 12000 as most of the Sales will be happening in this Segment. Another key Strategy , Samsung need to work on is , How to counter Micromax , Xiaomi, Karbonn, Lava and Gionee in India Market ??
3. Micromax : Micromax is one Brand which got capacity to give tough competition to Samsung in terms of Market Share. Will Micromax create a completely different Consumer Segment with Yureka and continue with same ??
4. Xiaomi : What if patent issue is not sorted out for Xiaomi !!! Will Xiaomi continue to dominate E-Commerce with New Models ? Xiaomi is one Brand with differentiated Marketing Strategy , creating difference with Online consumers.
5. LG : Though LG was never a recognized Brand in terms of Market Share in Indian Market, but , if we talk of Technology, yes, LG always creates a difference like G series and specially Flex. What may be a new Product line up for LG….G4 or Full screen Curved Mobile with No edges. In 2015, LG may not have Nexus, Can LG sustain Market share with just G series or other Models ??
In my Opinion, LG needs a completely different approach by improving Distribution Structure as LG has never achieved a good numberic or weighted distribution !!!!!!!!!!!
6. LAVA : Lava has always been a aggressive player in Indian Market, but made few mistakes , specially with XOLO…unable to create Premium Image and again landed in a trap of low segment. What may be the next move….Take over Nokia plant and go for local production and establish XOLO as premium brand.
XOLO needs a creative UI based on Indian Consumer Insights and adopt E-Commerce route for key Models and create a buzz On-line.