LG Electronics today unveiled V10 – The first of its V Series phones, the LG V10 is designed to provide a distinctive rich multimedia experience – Second Screen, Dual Front Cameras and Manual Video Mode
What’s so special aboubt LG V 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 Processor
- Display: Main – 5.7″ QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
Secondary – 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB eMMC ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear – 16 MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0
Front – 5 MP Dual Lens (80o Standard Angle / 120o Wide Angle)
- Battery: 3,000 mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 6 * 79.3 * 8.6 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- Network: LTE-A Cat. 6
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: Space Black / Luxe White / Modern Beige / Ocean Blue / Opal Blue
Always pushing the boundaries of smartphone innovation, LG is introduced a Second Screen with display size of 2.1″ as an inset display above the main 5.7″ QHD IPS Quantum Display on the V10. Working independently, the Second Screen can be set up as an “always on” display to enhance the V10’s productiveness all without impacting battery life.
Dual Front Cameras and Multi-view Recording
Wide angle images usually require a large, heavy lens which can distort the corners of photographs. The LG V10 features 5MP Dual Front Cameras with two separate lenses to capture standard 80 degree selfies or perfect wide angle selfies of 120 degrees, without the need to pan the smartphone which increases the likelihood of camera shake. For the wide angle shot, the V10 employs a sophisticated software algorithm to combine images from the two separate lenses which are just far enough apart to provide two different points of view.
Video and Audio Capture Capabilities
As the LG G4 did with photography, the LG V10 offers users the ultimate in video capturing, editing and sharing. The V10 is the first smartphone to offer manual mode for video.
With Manual Video Mode, budding directors can easily create professional-quality videos by adjusting options such as shutter speed, frame rate, ISO, white balance and focus while recording. Videos can be recorded in three resolutions — HD, FHD or UHD — and two aspect ratios — 16:9 standard or 21:9 cinematic.
- Steady Record: utilizes electronic image stabilization (EIS) optimized for recording video to neutralize shake, helping to capture sharper video footage when in motion
- Snap Video: create one video by combining many shorter videos
- 15 Sec. Auto Edit: create a short video highlight clip by automatically eliminating blurred frames and static scenes
- Quick Video Editor: easily trim or change the frame rate and add after-effects, such as colors and background music
- Quick Share: when finished recording, a pop-up appears on the display showing options of popular social networks to make video sharing even easier and faster
- Audio Monitor: adjust the sensitivity of the three microphones during video recording and directly monitor and control audio input, including directional recording capability to highlight sound from one particular location
- Wind Noise Filter: eliminate external wind noise for high-quality sound when shooting video outdoors
The V10 carries on LG’s tradition of providing alternative storage options with a microSD card slot. Compatible with cards of up to 2TB.
Durability and Design
The LG V10 was designed to be taken places other phones normally wouldn’t feel at home. The resilient Dura Guard frame firmly secures the display to protect the phone from hard bumps and tumbles. The V10’s frame is composed of SAE grade 316L stainless steel, the same tough, hypoallergenic material used to make surgical tools and high-end watches.
Access and Security
Along with the popular Knock Code, the LG V10 features a new fingerprint sensor to unlock the smartphone and turn on the display simultaneously. The sensor also works with Android Pay in the United States to make purchases as quick and easy as possible.