LG G4 got an upper hand to Galaxy series in terms of Marshmallow update. LG has released a list for G4 Marshmallow update. The update size is 1.55GB and is available via LG Bridge, known as LG AirDrive.
Given below is the list of LG Devices and country for update.
- LGH815 PRT PORTUGAL PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 POL POLAND PL Poland Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 ROM ROMANIA RO Romania Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 DEU GERMANY DE Germany Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 EAP AMAZON ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815 ESP SPAIN ES Spain Europe 2015-11-26
- LGH815TR TUR TURKEY TR Turkey Mid. East/Africa 2015-11-26
- LGH815 VDS VODAFONE ES Spain Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 TWN TWN TW Taiwan China 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDF VODAFONE GB United Kingdom Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VIP VIP HR Croatia Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDH VODAFONE HU Hungary Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDP VODAFONE PT Portugal Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 SWC SWISSCOM CH Switzerland Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VDR VODAFONE RO Romania Europe 2015-11-25
- LGH815 VD2 VODAFONE DE Germany Europe 2015-11-25
How to Install the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow official Update on LG G4 and LG G3:
1. Open the Settings menu
2. Tap the “About phone”
3. Tap the “Common” tab.
4. Now click the “Update Center”.
5. Now click the “Software Update”
6. Then click the “Check now for update”.
7. If you gets a new version, then you can download the update.
That’s all. Normally the update file size is 1.55GB,we recommend you to use the Wi-Fi. Alternatively use LG Support.
What all you can expect in New Update :
- Android OS update
- “interruptions” [priority?] renamed to “do not disturb”
- QMemo+ renamed to Capture+
- Usability improvements through Google Patch
- LG Bridge renamed to LG AirDrive
- Manage Google apps and services in new settings menu
- Introduces Direct Share (recommendations, which app/contact to share content with)
- Knock Code settings were changed.
Now has to be made up of at least 6 spaces and at least 3 different patterns [?]
- New storage menu
- New silent mode
- Brightness slider can now be detected [???] and automatically adjusts the screen depending on ambient light when set to auto [adjusting auto brightness was already a feature for me, but some (carrier?) versions don’t seem to have it]
- Screen for app settings was simplified and offers different app-management features [permissions?]
- Battery is now automatically optimized when device/apps are not used for a certain time. During this time, alarms and notifications of apps that weren’t updated to the newest BS-version [OS-version?] might not work. To make sure you receive them, set them to be ignored in the battery settings.
- Wipe to delete in Messaging and E-Mail apps can now be undone by wiping in the opposite direction
- Apps will ask for permissions after installing to ensure better protection of your private data. Apps without permissions can be limited in features or cause problems. You can check and adjust those settings in a new settings menu.