LG India has been loosing market share and Customer due to some wrong Management policies and decisions
Taking advantage of this situation, Internal politics was very high in LG India and lot of Smart Employees left or forced to leave LG India, Like Amitabh Tiwari, Dr. Verma, Sanjay Maheshwari and some more high level persons in Telecom.
At the time of Soon Kwoon, Implementation was not there, just Table work and lot of unnecessary reporting Structure. Market visit was overlooked due to heavy reporting structure.
Unfortunately, Few Korean adopted shouting and abusive language with employees, specially the Ex-Director Telecom Steve Koh who was famous for his in-human treatment with the employees.
Posting some reviews which are given on Glassdor.com by Current and Ex- Employees –
- Need to do work-life balance & also need to create friendly work atmosphere.
- Need to focus more on actual implementation instead of lots of reviews & documentations.
- Working hours and responsibility is too much, and no value for the work done
- Work life balance, job rotation, relocation, effective feedback mechanism required & training opportunities to augment manpower capabilities.
- Some of the cons of working at LG Electronics include high work pressure, lots of strict hr policies, extreme work hours & long daily commutes to the factory offices.
- abusive language, too much pressure on primary no detailed planning and focus on secondary too much bossism.
- The overall Company culture is not too great and the growth in the organisation tasks a bit of its own time.
- No wok-life balance -Always benchmarked against Samsung – Little credit given to the execution team or the real workers at the stores
The one Remark which I liked personally is :
Poor work life balance, Weak HR, No feedback system, Ambiguity in career progression Low Salary Too much sales pressure Unprofessional Language used on daily basis Morning office timings Weak marketing Culture not open to express Average peer group
Read more reviwes at : Glassdor.co.in
But, I am sure for every dark side there is always a Bright light. With the arrival of, Mr. Kim Kiwan, Situation seems to change a lot, and I am sure LG India will go under lot of Transformation.
Having worked with Mr. Kim for 6 years in LG MEA , I am sure his style of working- specially 8 Principles, Deep understanding of People and Market and Stress on Micro Shop Management and complete freedom to employees, Open Communication and clear definition ( Two working principles ) , The day is not far LG India will regain back the No. 1 Position in market.
What I still remember his strategy of Market – Why, Who, Whom and How !!! will surely change the Market Scenario.
Wish Mr. Kim all the success in LG India.
Remarks ” This article is written on the basis of my personal experience, interaction with current and Ex-Employees, Glassdor India Feedback ”