Finally Microsoft made office available for Android Mobiles from June 25th
Going with the Trend and low sales of Window Mobiles has forced Microsoft to change the policies and approach towards the Smartphone Industry. Microsoft is now using Android as a key base to promote the basic strength of Company i.e. Microsoft Office.
Same tactics has been implemented by Blackberry, to sustain growth and identity in Smartphone Markets, Blackberry will be using Android as base to promote the basic apps of BB.
Microsoft office is available in two versions , Personal and Business. Personal use is free while Business version is chargeable @ $ 10 / month or $ 100 / year.
Office for Android will work on all Smartphones who got Android Version 4.4.0 and above.
Key features of Microsoft Office Mobile – Android :
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
• Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
• Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
• Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.*
Office documents look great:
• Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
• Optimized for Phone – Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
• Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from OneDrive or OneDrive for Business on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
• Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share*:
• Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
• Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
• Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
Source : Google Play