Finally, Another Mysterious Device Xiaomi Mi 5 revealed by Hugo Barra at Barcelona MWC 2016. Specs seems to be good, but Mi 5 got beaten at two places, One is Display and another one is Internal Memory of 16GB.
As always, Xiaomi made a good come back with 16 MP Camera equipped with OIS and Dual LED Flash. What I appreciate in Xiaomi is the Design, finish and Camera Quality. Xiaomi Mi 5 is powered by a Snapdragon 820 chipset and compatible with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 standard. Xiaomi Mi 5 will comes with a Non-removable 3000 mAh battery. Another performance point is Antutu score of 142484 as claimed by Xiaomi at launch.
A big improvement in camera, 16 MP Rear camera with Auto-focus and OIS and for night life, equipped with a Dual Tone, Dual LED Flash. Another major improvement is Selfie camera with 6 MP and capable of recording HD Videos.
Key Specs of Mi 5
- 5.15″ FHD Display IPS display with 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 4 ~ 428 ppi
- Black Zirconia Ceramic Back ( Special Edition )
- Android M with MIUI 7.0
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530 clocked at 1.8 GHz
- LPDDR4 Dual-Channel 4GB RAM with UFS 2.0 Memory @ 128GB / 3GB RAM + 32GB / 3GB RAM + 64GB
- 16 MP, PDAF, DTI ( Deep isolation Technology ) , 4 Axis OIS, dual-LED flash, Sapphire Glass Lens
- 4 MP Selfie, 1080p
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot, BT 4.01
- Download speed 600 mbps , 3X carrier aggregation , Higher Data Modulation
- Fingerprint sensor, NFC support, Dual-sim card slot, supports VoLTE
- Mi Video Calls , Group Video Calls
- Finger Print scanner on Home BUtton
- USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- 129 g / 7.25 mm
- Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 3.0), 10 minutes charge for 2 hours Video Playback
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Colors White, Black and Gold
- Price RMB 2699 / $ 354