Today, Our living styles have changed drastically. We are habitual of living in flats, Moreover high pollution, It has become difficult to see the natural light at Home and Office.
Today’s indoor lighting is static, as if the sun were fixed in the sky. This is unnatural and has major implications on our sleep, mood, immune system, weight, and overall well-being.
Humans evolved to live according to rhythms of the sun. We respond physically and mentally to the light around us. Today, we live in a world in which our sleep/wake cycles are easily disrupted. We often feel groggy in the morning, lethargic during the day, and restless at night.
Our bodies respond to light direction, color, intensity, and time, releasing hormones that our control our body processes – physiology, sleep, metabolism, behavior, and mood.
To create natural lighting Scenario at Home, Ario has brought the Smart lighting Solutions. Ario learns about you, syncs your body clock, and keeps you healthy through natural lighting patterns.
Ario uses advanced LED technology and cloud connectivity to make your life healthier and easier.
Impact of Smart Ario Natural Light at body :
- Wake up naturally with sunrise-like lighting
- Increase focus and productivity with energizing blue-rich light
- Relax in the evening with sunset-like amber lighting
- Sleep better at night
- Improve health: manage weight, reduce stress, increase antioxidant levels, and boost immune system
How Ario Light Works – Setup:
- Plug the Ario lamp into the wall.
- Connect it to your WiFi via a simple phone app.
- Sit back and enjoy, while Ario figures out where you are and comes up with a lighting schedule that evolves with you over time.
Ario works automatically. If you unplug your lamp for days or weeks and plug it back in, Ario knows what to do, even when the WiFi is down.
Physical Control: User buttons (on/off, bright/dim, color) on the lamp or wall switch you already have.
Mobile and Web Access: Everything the physical controls do and more! You are in control of how to start and live your day.
- Sunrise alarm
- Time zone
- Schedule update
- Remote control
- Color temperature range
Ario can help you prepare and recover from jet lag naturally. Ario is also compatible with other connected home devices and wearables.
Science Behind Natural Light
Decades of research from Harvard Medical School, NASA, and leading institutions around the world have revealed a great deal of information about how light impacts and regulates our health. We designed Ario based on this large body of knowledge and on recommendations of the National Institute of Health and American Medical Association. Here is a summary.
Our body learns what time it is from light in our environment. Non-visual photoreceptors in our eyes, discovered fairly recently, are sensitive to changing levels of blue light from above. These receptors provide signals to the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), a tiny region located in the hypothalamus responsible for controlling our circadian rhythm, or body clock. This in turn influences the production of hormones regulating bodily process.
Today’s static artificial lights throw off our body clock by as much as three hours. While we don’t perceive this directly, this changes the balance of our endocrine system, generally reducing levels of body process regulating hormones both day and night. These changes to our basic physiology affect our metabolism which in turn impacts our sleep, behavior, mood, and general health.
Medical and lighting professionals recommend the following to promote healthy circadian rhythm, restful sleep, and overall well-being. Ario is designed to deliver what is recommended:
- Blue-rich light from above stimulates cortisol production in the morning to synchronize circadian rhythm and awaken, and during the day to maintain alertness.
- Amber-toned light with very little blue and a relatively dark ceiling, at the end of the day. This makes it easier to relax and prepare the body for sleep by facilitating the release of the hormone melatonin which is inhibited by typical light exposure at night.