John Schully, Former Apple CEO for almost 30 years, started his company by the name of Obi Mobiles and relaunched the Company under new brand Obi Wordphone.
“Designed in San Francisco” can be found on the back of every Obi Worldphone
Obi will be launching two smartphones SF1 and SJ1.5 targeting Emerging countries like India, Kenya, Nigeria, Philippines mainly targeting Asian and MEA countries.
The phones are designed by Ammunition, a San Francisco-based studio whose portfolio included the design of the original Beats headphones. The SF1 is the more premium of the two devices, sporting a fiberglass body with metal accents at the top and bottom.
The SF1 has a raised 5-inch display made of durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 – an instantly recognizable signature element that emphasizes the interplay of the hardware with the user interface. The SF1’s premium feel comes from its reinforced fiberglass body and metal accents at the top and bottom of the phone. The SF1 also features a long-life, quick-charge battery and easy-access, dual SIM slot with micro secure digital (SD) expansion. The SF1’s suggested retail price is $199 USD for the 2 GB RAM / 16 GB internal memory version and $249 USD for the 3 GB RAM / 32 GB internal memory version. The SF1 is named for its city of origin, San Francisco.
The Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 is a 3G smartphone powered by the MediaTek MT6580 Quad-Core processor. The SJ1.5 has an asymmetrical design, with a crisp, squared-off top and a curved bottom that gives it a distinctive silhouette. The screen is made from 2.5D curved glass built flush with the body of the phone to give it a seamless feel in the hand. The SJ1.5 offers unique color and accent options, taking a more expressive approach. In addition to featuring easy-access dual SIM slots, the SJ1.5 comes with 16 GB of internal storage and a card slot for memory expansion. The SJ1.5 sports front and rear cameras and is protected by scratch-resistant Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3. The SJ1.5 uses the Android Lollipop operating system and its suggested retail price is $129 USD. It’s named for Silicon Valley’s other major city, San Jose.
Obi Worldphone SF1 specs
- 5″ Full HD JDI In-cell display ( 1920 x 1080 ) ~ 443 ppi
- Gorilla Glass 4 , Olephobic Coating
- Android 5.0.2 with Lifespeed UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 1.5 GHz octa-core / Adreno 405
- 2GB + 16 GB /3GB + 32GB Expandable via microSD upto 64 GB
- 13MP rear camera with Sony IMX214 sensor f/2.0 with Ubi focus / optizoom
- 5MP front camera with LED flash
- Touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR and High Definition Video (1080p at 30 frames per second)
- 4G LTE
- Dolby Audio surround 7.1
- 3000 mAh battery with Quick Charge
- 146 * 74 * 8 mm
- 147 g
- Price : 199 / 249
Obi Worldphone SJ1.5 specs
- 5″ HD display ( 1280 720 ) Polycarbonate body
- MediaTek MT6580 1.3 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 5.1 with Lifespeed UI
- 1GB / 16GB Expandable via microSD upto 32 GB
- 8MP rear camera with OmniVision sensor f/2.2
- 5MP selfie
- 3000 mAh battery
- Price 129 $