Over the past 5 years, WiFi data usage has increased 100x, and the technology behind it is struggling to keep up. While router manufacturers have increased their maximum speed limits, they have not addressed the primary cause of poor performance: traffic and congestion.
Billions of WiFi devices now compete for the limited radio airwaves we all share, causing invisible traffic jams and congestion, making WiFi slower and more unreliable than ever.
Portal is the first and only router specifically engineered to cut through and avoid congestion, delivering consistent, high-performance WiFi with greater coverage throughout your home.
Its proprietary spectrum turbocharger technology provides access to 300% more of the radio airwaves than any other router, improving performance by as much as 300x, and range and coverage by as much as 2x in crowded settings, such as city homes and multi-unit apartments.
Why your WiFi sucks… the problem of crowds. Think of spectrum like the lanes of highway. Most home WiFi routers today operate on just one shared WiFi lane; maybe two if you’re lucky. If you live in a city or apartment, your WiFi network could be competing with 35 or more neighboring WiFi networks. And the problem isn’t just the number of neighboring WiFi networks, it’s also what they’re doing. A single neighbor running a bit torrent, or simply folks all streaming HD video at 8pm every night can consume most of the spectrum you all share. This is called congestion, and it’s like being stuck in rush hour traffic all the time.
Spectrum Turbocharger. Portal’s unique FCC-certified technology (FastLanes™) enables your WiFi network to operate in a special protected portion of the 5GHz radio spectrum that was originally reserved for weather radar systems. This is a huge swathe of spectrum, about 3x wider than the spectrum conventional WiFi uses today, and it’s relatively uncrowded which enables your WiFi data to speed past your neighbor’s WiFi data that is stuck in congested traffic.
FastLanes™ is like having your own private highway to the internet!
And Portal has other unique and super-cool technologies, like SmartLanes™ which actively monitors for congestion and intelligently changes WiFi lanes steer around network congestion to give you a reliable, uninterrupted and hassle-free Internet experience.
SmartLanes™ is like driving that private highway in a super agile sports car.
And best of all, Portal works seamlessly with all the WiFi connected devices you already have.
Easy Setup : Simple one-touch smartphone setup, secure dynamic guest networks, real-time notifications and remote management enable frustration-free setup and effortless management of your network, because we believe that your router shouldn’t get in the way of an awesome Internet experience.
- Proprietary “Rolling Code” dynamic secure Guest Networks, easy smartphone setup
- Continuous Intrusion Monitoring and remote alerts to smartphone
- Ultra-secure Web GUI interface with proprietary 2-factor authentication for (optional) ‘old school’ control by super users. Other Functions
- VPN for secure remote access
- WiFi Protected Access® (WPA/WPA2—PSK)
- Parental Controls to manage web filtering and accessibility
- Double firewall protection (SPI and NAT)
Quad-Stream Wave-2 IEEE 802.11ac
- AC2400, Dual-concurrent architecture allow for simultaneous operation in 2 Bands (5GHz and 2.4GHz).
- Multi-User MIMO for simultaneous streaming and gaming on multiple devices
- Active Beam Steering delivers maximum speeds at range and coverage
Seven (7) Operating Bands
- Band I: 5.150 – 5.250 GHz (5G, UNII-1)
- Band II: 5.250 – 5.350 GHz (5G, UNII-2, DFS
- Band III – V: 5.470 – 5.725 GHz (5G, UNII-2e-i, ii and iii, DFS)
- Band VI: 5.725 – 5.825 GHz (5G, UNII-3)
- Band VII: 2.400 – 2.4835 Ghz (2.4G ISM)
- 5GHz: Quad (4×4) high-powered agile wide-band, IEEE 802.11ac/a/n, Wave-2 Multi-User (MU) Multi-Input Multi-Output (MIMO).
- 2.4GHz: Three (3×3) high-powered, IEEE 802.11b/g/n, supporting legacy devices
- Bluetooth Smart: 4.2 Low-Energy supporting smartphones, tablets and IoT devices
- Dual super-wideband radar detector + traffic monitor
Adaptive Smart Mesh
- For larger homes (multi-story and greater than 3000 sq. ft.), daisy-chain 2 or more Portals for super extended range out to 200 ft plus.
- Enterprise-grade Mesh with dynamic layer-2 routing.
- Near Zero-Interference, Auto-Detect, Easy one-touch setup
Ethernet and USB Ports
- 2 * USB Ports
- 5 * Gigabit Ethernet Ports