Robin – Future of Android Smartphones – Cloud-First Smartphone @ $ 399
Robin partnered with Foxconn ( Company which build some of the most well known phones in the world) for hardware engineering and manufacturing so Robin’s standout design is backed with proven quality.
Robin is engineered for long battery life, and it’s designed to get you through a full day on a single charge. Mike, CTO of Robin (the guy who lead the power management team at Android from the start) is the key man who developed the concept of Cloud-First Smartphone.
Robin manages power based on what you use and supports quick charging. Even when it’s connected to the cloud, Robin won’t drain the battery. It only backs up when you’re plugged in and on Wi-Fi unless you say otherwise. And it doesn’t use any extra power to make more space when you need it.
Robin only needs a data connection to upload (back up) your data. After Robin is backed up, it can clear space on your device with no connection at all.
Major Specs of Robin
- Processor: Snapdragon 808
- Memory: 3GB RAM / 32 GB onboard / 100 GB online
- Screen: 5.2” IPS LCD 1080p, Gorilla Glass 4
- Rear Camera: 13MP with phase detection autofocus, dual tone flash
- Front camera: 5MP
- Battery: 2680 mAh
- Dual front facing stereo speakers
- Fingerprint sensor
- Quick charging
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- WiFi A/B/G/N/AC
- GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA 850/900/1800/1900/2100
- LTE Bands 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/28
- Dimensions: 149mm x 72mm x 7mm
- Weight: Approx. 150g
- GPS enabled