Samsung conducted a global survey of around 1,000 corporate IT decision makers in the U.S., Germany and China. The results show that usability is the biggest challenge of mobile printing, and Samsung is addressing these concerns by focusing on making mobile printing solutions simple and intuitive. With new multi-function printers, apps and cloud printing services, Samsung is advancing technology to provide solutions for consumers.
Of those surveyed, 40 percent said that they see the opportunities of mobile and cloud printing solutions, yet only 8 percent currently use them. One third of the respondents said they are concerned that cloud printing solutions are difficult to implement, and around one fifth worry about document security and printing quality.
- 35% of businesses are aware of the increasing number of enterprise-ready mobile apps
- 38% realize it enables them to print immediately from a mobile device, without using a PC
Awareness & Usage
- 8% of businesses are well aware of cloud printing and use it
- 25% are well aware of cloud printing, but do not use it
- 61% have some awareness or have heard of cloud printing, but do not use it
- Only 5% are totally unaware of cloud printing
- 35% of businesses do not use cloud printing because they think it is difficult to use
- 19% do not use cloud printing due to concerns about document security
Awareness & Usage
- 9% of businesses are well aware of mobile printing, and use it
- 31% of businesses are well aware of mobile printing, but do not use it
- 56% of businesses have some awareness or have heard of mobile printing, but do not use it
- Only 4% of businesses are totally unaware of mobile printing
- 22% of businesses do not use mobile printing because they think it is difficult to use
- 21% do not use cloud printing due to concerns about print quality
The free-to-use, cloud-based mobile printing solution is fast and easy to use, as easy as tapping an NFC-enabled device on the printer. Samsung Cloud Print not only simplifies cloud printing through its unique setup and user recognition, it provides high-quality printing from a cloud service.
“With the latest additions to Samsung’s Printing Solutions Range, we’re creating the next generation of printing mobility: it’s so intuitive and easy-to-use,” said David SW Song, Senior Vice President of Strategic Marketing and Sales at Samsung Printing Solutions. “Samsung Cloud Print, our free-to-use, cloud-based mobile printing solution, gives users the quickest and easiest way to print high quality documents securely from their mobile devices to one or more printers located in their office. We are empowering businesses and helping them grow.”