1. Dim the screen with your palm
To quickly dim your screen, just put your palm completely over the screen until it vibrates.
2. Stop your watch from vibrating for notifications
For phones running Android 5.0 or higher
You can easily control your priority notification and interruption settings from your watch.
1. Swipe all the way down from the top of your watch’s screen, and you’ll see interruptions options.
2. Touch None
Important: Changing this on your watch also changes the settings on your phone.
For phones running Android 4.3 or 4.4
To turn off watch vibrations, swipe all the way down from the top of your watch’s screen, and touch Mute . When your watch is muted, you’ll see a Mute icon on your screen.
Stop specific apps from showing notifications
If you get notifications on your phone that you don’t want to see on your watch, you can stop specific apps from showing up on your watch. You might want to see email on your phone, for example, but not on your watch.
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app.
- Touch the Settings icon.
- Touch Block app notifications.
- Touch the Plus icon +.
- Touch the app you want to block.
3. Speak to do simple tasks
You can see a menu of simple tasks on your watch, and anything in this list can also be said aloud. For example, once you’re on the menu you can touch “Start stopwatch.” To do the same thing with your voice, just say “Ok Google, start stopwatch” from most screens.
To see the menu of things you can do:
- If your screen is dim, touch the screen to wake up the watch.
- Say “Ok Google” or touch anywhere on the background of the screen.
- Touch again anywhere on the screen to see a menu of things you can do.
- Swipe up to see different options.
4. Draw and send emojis
You can respond to messages by drawing emojis on your watch.
- When you get a text or message, touch Reply.
- Choose Draw emoji.
- On the screen, draw any emoji you want, like a smiley face, a thumbs-up sign, or a cocktail glass.
- Your watch will find an emoji that best matches your drawing. If it can’t match what you drew, it’ll show you some emojis to choose from.
- After you draw one emoji, you can send your message by touching the check mark . Or you can draw even more emojis, which will get added to your message draft.
- If you want to delete any of the emojis in your draft, touch the emoji at the top of the screen.
- Use the delete button to delete an emoji.
- You can move back and forth by swiping horizontally through the different emojis.
- When you’re done deleting emojis, tap on the check mark.
When you’re ready to send your message, touch on the check mark .
Tip: You can also choose emojis by touching on the happy face from the emoji drawing screen.
5. Silence phone sounds when using your watch
If you want your phone to stop making sounds when your watch is connected, follow these steps:
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Touch the Settings icon .
- Check the box next to “Mute connected phone.”
6. Scroll through cards with wrist gestures
If you turned on wrist gestures from Settings, you can scroll through cards on your watch with just a flick of your wrist.
To scroll down in the cards, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. Or flick your wrist away from you, then slowly back toward you
To scroll up through cards, swipe down from the top of the screen. Or slowly turn your wrist away from you, then flick back toward you.