Today’s biggest threat in Online World is : Whether to share your Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking details on any site or no !! How to safe guard yourself against online scams and frauds.
Online shopping has changed our buying behavior. Instead of going to a real store, sitting in front of a PC to buy goods online has become a new habit for us all. Yet, while making a transaction online, we are required to provide personal information like your name and address, and financial information such as credit card number and security code. In other words, while buying online, your most sensitive data is entered via your keyboard, and transmitted through the Internet.
We have found some nice Tips and sharing with you :
- Safe and Familiar Website : I never shop except than Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal. I dont even share my payments details. Always avoid e-Bay as a matter of fact. Never ever shop at a site which is unknown.
- Look for security Certificate of website : Never ever, ever buy anything online using your credit card from a site that doesn’t have SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption installed. Always look for sites which start with ” Https ” not ” Http “.
- Prefer Cash on Delivery : I always use COD option, instead of using my DC / CC online.
- Never Share Card Details : It’s also possible , some times you may receive some fraudulent calls for verifying your purchase and they may ask for Card Details. DO NOT EVER TRUST ANY SUCH CALL.
- Create Unique passwords : Always create unique passwords. Name / Contact number / house number, all these combinations can be broken easily. I will give you a simple example. Check your wi-fi password. In most of the cases, either the password is 1234567890 or the owners Mobile Number. This is a very common mistake, we always tend to do.
- Avoid Public Computers / Cafe : Now-a-days some of the cafes use keylogger software. What it does is ” Retrieve the last keys typed in the system “. Another is, keyloggers can send the keys typed by you to another Screen, where in a hacker catches hold of all the Details you typed in.
- Avoid buying Wi-fi access at Public Places : If you are in a hotel or any public place and a login page appears to fill in your CC details to buy Wi-fi time online. Avoid that, always make the payment at Hotel Desk and take a coupon. What hackers do : They create a login page which looks similar to the cafe / hotel, you are in, and the moment you fill your Credit Card details, you are ripped off.
- A good Anti-Virus Software for Mobile : Most of the time we use good Anti-Virus for Laptops, but we forget for Mobile. This is a must, Here i Trust Avast, Bit-Defender, Kaspersky, AVG, McAfee and Lookout.
Online Shopping Protection keeps your browser secured by preventing malware from redirecting you to a dangerous site; only programs on the white list are allowed to be running within your shopping time. Protection level is also risen, thus neither keyloggers can record your keyboard, nor phishing sites can deceive your banking information.
If you have any other Tips, Please do share with us.