Upcoming Mobile Technologies to be watched in 2015
1. HTML 5 Integration : HTML5 won’t be a simple panacea for mobile application portability because it’s fragmented and immature and therefore poses many implementation and security risks. However, as HTML5 and its development tools mature, the popularity of the mobile
Web and hybrid applications will increase. Hence, despite many challenges, HTML5 will be an essential technology for organizations delivering applications across multiple platforms.
2. Interchangeable OS : May be possible if Google commercializes Google lanches modular smartphone. Hope fully, with this phones will be
user defined and customized.
3. Camera : Camera in Tune of 51 MP ? Possible to go for this technology as Qualcomm Snapdragn 810 gives this facility.
4. Precision Location sensing : Upto few metres. This will surely help a lot in automobile sector for tracking vehicles. Though, In India, very less persons use GPS but one of the most useful applications.
5. Wearable gadgets : One of the most awaited slim designed wearable s connecting to mobile phones, like watches, wrist bands, sun glasses, display devices for personalized use.
6. Updated wi-fi : Emerging Wi-Fi standards such as 802.11ac (Waves 1 and 2), 11ad, 11aq and 11ah will increase Wi-Fi performance, make Wi-Fi more relevant to applications such as telemetry, and enable Wi-Fi to provide new services. Over the next three years, demands on Wi-Fi
infrastructure will increase as more Wi-Fi-enabled devices appear in organizations, as cellular offloading becomes more popular, and as applications such as location sensing demand denser access-point placement. The opportunities enabled by new standards and the performance required by new applications will require many organizations to revise or replace their Wi-Fi infrastructure.
7. Enterprise Mobile Solutions : Enterprise mobile Solution is a term that describes the future evolution and convergence of several mobile management, security and support technologies. These include mobile device management, mobile application management, application
wrapping and containerization, and some elements of enterprise file synchronization and sharing. Such tools will mature, grow in scope and eventually address a wide range of mobile management needs across all popular OSs on smartphones, tablets and PCs.
8. Smart Connectivity : Today most of the items at home are connected to Internet, but, day is not far when every thing will mobile operated. Starting from lighting, fridge, tv solutions, ovens, vaccum cleaners, garage, a/c , all items could be controlled via mobiles. Best example ,
Moment you reach home, a/c is already operated at desired temperature or water is ready for shower or house is clean via smart vacuum cleaner.