Vivo has now made official announcement for two models; XPlay 5 and XPlay 5 Ultimate. We were expecting just one model, but the company released two Smartphones.
Vivo Xplay 5 Ultimate Edition
Vivo XPlay 5 Ultimate is a true competitor of Galaxy S7, LG G5 and Xperia X Performance. The device comes with powerful hardware and with less price tag compared to other brands. The device feature a dual-edge display, and the design is quite stunning with full metal body.
X Play 5 Ultimate features
- 5.43″ Super AMOLED screen ( 2560 x 1440 pixels )
- 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM
- quad-core Snapdragon 820 CPU
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 3600 mAh battery
- Hi-Fi 3.0 dual-speaker for better sound quality
- USB Type-C port, Finger Print Scanner
- Vivo XPlay 5 Ultimate also supports multitasking, so you can do two things at the same time on its split scree.
- Vivo has claimed the crown of being first brand to launch a smartphone with 6GB RAM.
Vivo XPlay 5
Along with Ultimate edition, they also have launched a downgraded variant. Vivo XPlay 5 features the same design and 5.43-inch 2K display as Ultimate Edition does. Camera, battery, and storage also remained the same, but it features 4GB RAM and Snapdragon 652 CPU.
Both the model run FunTouch OS 2.5.1, based on Android Lollipop 5.1.
Release date and Price
Vivo XPlay 5 and Ultimate Edition, both will go on sale starting from March 8. However, It will be sold in China initially, and there is no detail on its international launch so far.
Vivo XPlay 5 Ultimate with 6GB RAM will cost $4288 Chinese Yuan (around $655), and XPlay 5 will have a price tag of 3698 Chinese Yuan (around $565).