Whatsapp is testing a New Beta Version Android beta 2.16.118, which allows user to post a previous quote made earlier in a conversation, and include a fresh reply along with it.
How you can use this feature :
- Tap on any message in a conversation (be it text or media, group or one-on-one)
- A reply button will appear at the top of the screen
- Tap on this button and the message you tapped on will appear as a preview inside the text entry box
- here you can add your reply.
- The reply will appear on screen with the original message on top of it
The User in WhatsApp chat can have their quote highlighted in this fashion, and those using “Quick Quote” can even use the new feature on their own quotes. User who clicks on the attached reply will be sent to the part of the conversation where the original message was lifted from. The original message will be highlighted in blue for a brief time. This helps others understand the context of both the original quote and the reply.
There are two ways to download the latest Beta Version, Either You are a Beta tester by going to the Google Play Store and agreeing to test the latest WhatsApp beta version. Or, you can use APK Mirror to sideload the beta on your phone.