Xiaomi unveiled another flagship , yes , Mi 5 in India which was launched at MWC in Barcelona last month. With this launch, India has become one of the first overseas markets to receive the Mi 5 outside China. The new flagship from the Chinese manufacturer sports an ergonomically-designed 3D glass body, with Corning Gorilla Glass on the front and rear. It also gets a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
Xiaomi Mi 5 sports a 5.15″ FHD curved glass display, and runs on Android Marshmallow-based MIUI 7 out of the box. The Smartphone is powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, coupled with an Adreno 530 GPU and 3GB of RAM. Mi 5 comes in two memory variants of 32GB and 64GB . On Connectivity front, the Device offers a USB Type-C port, an IR blaster, 4G LTE with VoLTE, NFC, dual-SIM slots, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS.
Mi 5 sports an impressive 16MP Rear camera with PDAF ( Phase detection autofocus ), Dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS ( optical image stabilisation ) , DTI pixel isolation technology, Spectra image sensor and 4K recording. For selfies and video calling, it gets a 4 Ultrapixel front shooter. The phone is fuelled by a 3,000mAh battery, which supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging. As per the brand, users can get 2.5 hours of talk-time with just five minutes of charge.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in three color choices – Gold, White and Black. The company has only launched the 32GB storage variant of the Mi 5 in India as of now, tagged @ Rs 24,999. The first flash sale of the phone is on April 6th on Mi.com. It will be available from the brand’s other online sales partners in a few weeks. Unfortunately, The Premium ceramic Mi 5 Pro with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage will not be launched in India.
Key Features of Mi 5
- 16 LED Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 428 ppi, 600 NIT Brightness, 1500 : 1 Contrast,
- 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 820 Quad-core Kryo processor
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB UFS 2.0 ROM
- Mi 5 reached an impressive 113,341 AnTuTu score
- NFC, Fingerprint Unlocking and Quick Charge 3.0
- 16 MP Camera with PDAF and 4 Axis OIS, Sony IMX 298, f/2.0,
- Non-Removable 3000 mAh battery, USB Type C Reversible
- 169 g, 7.25 mm
- Mi Protect @ Rs. 699 : Mi Protect covers accidental & liquid damage Free home pickup & drop, and free second servicing within 1 year from activation