After Le 1s and Lenovo K4 Note, The most awaited smartphones in India are ” Xiaomi Mi 5 ” and ” Elephone P9000 “.
Xiaomi Mi 5 launch is already confirmed by Manu Jain, Xiaomi India CEO. Manu Jain, Xiaomi India CEO stated
“With the new products coming up for Xiaomi, a lot of hard-work has put in by Xiaomi China and India teams. We are working very hard to ensure that the time gap between the two launches is reduced. Of course, some gap is to be expected between given that to launch a new device in India, we need to get Legal and Telecom certifications, clearances, etc,”
“We bought Mi Band to India in 2015, it immediately became the fastest selling product. Some even mentioned that it was the number one fitness tracker in India. However, for 2016, the primary focus in India will be around phones. there’s a good chance that the TV may not launch here this year,”
Xiaomi has already shipped over 1 million smartphones in both the quarters Q3 and Q4. Rather Q4 witnessed a shipment of around 1.2 mn.
Specs of Mi 5
- 5.3″ QHD Display ( 1440 * 2560 ) ~ 554 ppi
- Octa-Core 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 with Adreno 530
- Android 5.1.1 with MIUI 7.0
- 4GB RAM + 16GB / 64 GB
- 16 MP Aurofocus, OIS and Dual LED Flash
- 6 MP with f/2.0 and flash
- USB Type C
- Fingerprint ( Ultrasound ) and NFC
- 3100 mAh battery with fast charge 2.0
- 60 % battery in 30 minute charge